Thursday, September 20, 2012

Dinner @ Potato Head

Danna, me, Aasha, Lynsey and Nicole after dinner -- Indian Ocean!

This picture was taken after our yummy and expensive =( dinner at Potato Head. Click the link below to get redirected to their site so you can read more about it. I definitely recommend it if you ever visit Indonesia.

Potato Head

Even though it was a bit upscale, I loved it. The restaurant was something you'd see in Hollywood. We ate dinner literally on the beach. They also had pools, hot tubs, lounge couches, and endless bars and people walking around in swimsuits while sipping a cocktail. Definitely a unique experience.

One thing that was different about Potato Head compared to my other experiences at restaurants in Indonesia was the service. They actually came and greeted us within a decent amount of time, took our drink order, and then even came back once it appeared we were ready to order! This had to be because they are used to having Westerners as guests in their restaurant.

Usually in Indonesia, the server comes up super fast or ridiculous forever later, and waits... awkwardly... as you decide what you want to drink and eat. If you aren't ready to order, no worries.. they will just stand there and watch you decide. It was quite uncomfortable at first but the phrase "satu lagi menit" which means one more minute works wonders. You can also throw in "tolong" (please) if you wish to be kind.

If your server follows suit, you simply wave, snap, or shout at them and they return to your table to take your order. I know, rude... but completely acceptable and quite often the norm here.

Our view from dinner

We felt so special when we got there since Josh put our names on the RSVP list. The line was insane and we just got to walk right in!

I got a chicken rotisserie type platter with mashed potatoes that were to die for. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I miss homecooked comfort food so bad. In fact, I want homecooked food every night when I come home in December, especially gramma's homemade chicken and dumplings. I hope you're reading this gramma.. :)




Now that I'm back in Jakarta, it's rice or peanut butter and jelly everyday. So nutritious. Be jealous.

xoxo amber

No comments:

Post a Comment